Friday 13 February 2009

A virtual handshake

Hi how’s it going?


Firstly I would like to introduce myself: I am Ben Adsett 22 from Cheltenham in the Cotswolds in the UK. I love music especially independent music on tiny record labels that nobody else listens to. I also like to watch bands on small record labels play live as often as possible.


My love of independent music has brought me together with 2 people who share my interest in music and the independent scene. We all agree that the current, market for music magazines does not cater for our needs.

We have decided to create our own music zine, to attempt to return to the zine culture that existed before the internet and social networking. We will be creating a pointed and online edition once every two months, the online edition will be available for download and if you like what we are doing you are welcome to print and distribute copies. There will also be a website with regular blogs written by us and guests.


Everything will get underway in April, with the first issue being a solo artist special. I have already got confirmed interviews from Frank Turner, Liam O'Kane, Robb Blake, Barbar Luck, Matthew Reynolds and Mike Park with more to follow.

In the meantime please feel free to read my thoughts and opinions and I’ll keep you up to date with what’s going on with the zine.


If you like the idea please feel free to contribute in any way you see fit; we are currently looking for designers, photographers and writers if you want to get involved please get in touch. You can email me > ben.adsett@hotmail.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment